Robot gearbox grease features.
There are several kinds of grease commonly used for robot gearbox as follows.
Special grease for robot gearbox: It is made of fully synthetic base oil with liquid ionic polymer, and additives such as anti-oxidation and anti-rust, etc., manufactured by special process. Developed for use in R-axis, B-axis harmonic reduction gearboxes in six-axis robots.
Robot cycloid gearbox grease: It is made of fully synthetic base oil with liquid ionic polymer and additives such as anti-oxidation and rust prevention by special process. It is developed for use in robot cycloid reducer. The lubricant is replaced after 150 hours of first installation and use, and the cycle of lubricant replacement afterwards is about 4000 hours.
Special gearbox grease for robot RV reducer: It is made of fully synthetic base oil with liquid ionic polymer and additives such as anti-oxidation and rust prevention by special process. Developed for use in robot RV reducer, the lubricant will be replaced after 150 hours of use in the first installation, and the cycle of lubricant replacement afterwards will be about 4000 hours.
Robot gearbox grease features.
1.Extreme pressure and anti-wear property: Harmonic reducer needs to start and stop frequently and often reciprocating movement, which is easy to produce wear and tear and lead to decrease of precision, so it requires grease must have excellent extreme pressure and anti-wear property.
2. Viscosity and viscosity-temperature: Robot gearbox grease must have suitable viscosity and good viscosity-temperature. Generally speaking, the use of high viscosity lubricating oil is beneficial to prevent damage to machine parts and reduce noise, while the drive efficiency, cooling effect and oil transmission, etc., is better for low viscosity lubricating oil. For the viscous temperature performance, although the reducer lubricant does not have engine oil as big temperature change, but because of its tooth surface pressure is very big, also require good viscous temperature performance, especially in cold areas when using. Otherwise, it will cause increased wear and increased oil consumption.
3. Oxidation stability: the lubricant of the reducer is agitated by the gear movement, and the constant contact with oxygen, and various oxides are formed under the catalytic action of the metal, so that the viscosity of the lubricant increases, the color becomes darker, the acid value rises, the precipitate increases, the color becomes darker, and causes the corrosion of the machine parts, resulting in the anti-foaming and anti-oxidation of the lubricant becomes worse, so that the lubricant has to be replaced. The lubricant with good oxidation stability has a longer service life.
4. Anti-rust and anti-corrosion: anti-rust refers to the performance of gearbox grease to prevent metal from rusting. Corrosion resistance refers to the performance of gear oil to prevent metal corrosion. The rusting of metal parts is mainly caused by the presence of oxygen and water in the lubricant. In contrast, corrosion is caused by acids and sulfides in the oil. Usually there are anti-additive and anti-corrosion additives in the gear oil to improve.
5. Anti-foaming: gearbox grease will produce many small bubbles under the intense agitation when the gear is in motion. If the small bubbles disappear quickly, it will not affect the use. If the formed stable foam no longer disappears and emulsification deterioration occurs, it will overflow on the tooth surface and destroy the lubricant film and intensify wear.
6. Thermal stability: industrial robot joint structure is compact, heat dissipation is poor, and long time continuous work causes high temperature of joint parts. Require grease has good thermal stability and oxidation stability.
7. Long life: Harmonic reducer needs frequent start and reciprocating motion in a small space, and withstand high speed and high load operation, which requires grease must have long life lubrication, no carbon accumulation, no discoloration, no oil separation.
8. Noise reduction: Harmonic reducer will produce strong noise due to friction, vibration and collision of driving gears, which requires grease to have strong oil film thickness and adhesion to effectively reduce noise.